I was just thinking that sometimes this board may not be representative of the general population of HG+ kids. I mean, the people who are here have come here seeking help. Maybe the ones whose needs are met at their local school are less likely to come looking. Of course, I am quite sure that there are plenty of kids who are in lousy situations whose parents aren't in a position to look for help. But I still suspect that the the population of the online support community may be skewed towards those who are most frustrated.

I remember reading in Ruf's book that virtually all level 4 kids will need to be homeschooled at one time or another. She based this on her research population who had come to her practice for testing. To my knowledge, she had not sought out these families; they had come to her. So her statement would have been more accurate to say that "of level 4 children *who seek professional testing* virtually all would require homeschooling." There may be level 4 kids out there who are doing fine w/o homeschooling, but since they are doing well, their families never sought professional testing. Maybe there aren't any kid like this, but we just don't know because nobody has done that study. Am I making sense?