I agree the walker or excersaucer are good choices. I used the excersaucer and it was a lifesaver with my very active little man. On child proofing - watch out for chairs or anything she may grab onto that can flip over. My ds would grab onto our dining room chairs when walking and one flipped over onto him resulting in a trip to the doctor's office. He wacked his noggin very hard and was pinned under the chair but fortunately was fine. I mention this bc it never occured to me that a chair could flip like that. It was on a hardwood floor which I guess made it more prone to topple.
If your dd turns out to be as active and adventurous as my ds you will want to be watchful for things they can use to climb up. When my ds was 2 he used a childsize chair to climb up on the kitchen counter and then used a box on the counter to climb on top of the refrigerator to get to some candy! Imagine my surprise. I thought he was napping and only had him out of my sight for a few minutes to tinkle. Oh, he climbed out of his crib to get to the kitchen in the first place. He was and still is very fast and stealth. shocked