DH wants to talk to our pediatrician about some of the things that DD is doing. The biggest problem is when it comes to DD walking. She's 6 months and insists on practicing walking all the time! She can already pull up on her own, cruise, cruise from one piece of furniture to another, stand for a few seconds on her own, and take a few steps if she's holding on to our hands.

However, my MIL, who watches DD during the days, keeps insisting that "her bones aren't ready yet" and that "we're forcing her". But it's DD who keeps saying "up" when she wants to stand and practice or she'll do a very specific gesture when she wants to stand and there's nothing to pull up on (she leans forward reaches out her hands and tries to grabs my fingers). She even will make the sign for MILK when she's not hungry so I take her to the bedroom where there's more furniture for her to pull up on.

For the most part DH trusts that this is DD doing this and we're not forcing her but then MIL starts with the whole she's too young, she's going to get bowlegged, etc. It's really ironic since DH was walking by 9 months.... (otherwise MIL is great but she really buys into a lot of old wife tales)

So DH wants to talk to our pediatrician about a lot of the stuff that DD is doing to see if it's safe and how to deal with her doing these things. I'm a bit concerned how it will go over. We go to a group practice and weren't able to see our normal pediatrician last time. The other pediatrician was shocked by what DD was doing and said she was the most advanced baby she'd ever seen. Before that time we went to our normal pediatrician and she was surprised how early DD was with her milestones but DD was still too young to see a stark difference between her and other babies.

I write this all to say I'm not sure how the pediatrician would take our questions? There's no denying that she's advanced but would the pediatrician just brush it off? It would be really nice to have someone to go to for questions about DD IRL. Has anybody had success talking to their pediatricians? Also, anybody know about any scientific research on early walkers so I can show DH and MIL that she's not "hurting her bones"?