Thanks everyone for the reassurance. No, I've never thought it looks like she's bowlegged. If anything she looks like she's ready to be a great soccer play with all the strength she has in her legs. laugh It's more the issue of DH getting freaked out about these old wife tales. Don't get me wrong, MIL is great, but she just buys into a lot of them.

It turns out it's kind of a mute issue now because DD decided to take a few steps on her own yesterday! Yikes, because we still haven't really babyproofed.

Originally Posted by Kriston
Your daughter sounds like a go-getter, so I hope you'll encourage that in her. smile

Oh, and we definitely do that! MIL stays with her during the days and she prefers to do more mental things with her. DD has a floor mat with numbers that she takes out and then puts them back in. More stuff like that. When we're home we try and do more of the physical stuff cuz MIL gets freaked out by it.

Originally Posted by TMJ
This is purely anecdotal, but both of my children used a baby walker

We're thinking of buying one. We're actually abroad this summer so we'll probably wait until we get back state side but by then the way she's going she'll probably be walking!

About the separation anxiety. For us it's just hard to tell what is normal or not. All my friends are SAHM so they don't really have this problem as much...

Thanks again for the help!