Hello all,

Recent newbie to the world of gifted with highly gifted sensitive daughter with sensory processing dysfunction and who is apparently an extreme introvert and visual spatial learner.

Am on a school hunt as her current placement now seems inappropriate and teacher not fully on board with the world of gifted.

Had an interview today with a beautiful school with great facilities, and that prides itself on its challenging academic curriculum and IB middle school. That said, when speaking with the preschool age director and admissions two statements stood out. When I asked if they had experience working with other gifted children she responded with, "well...all children are brilliant." Another moment was with admissions when she said that they don't do assessment at 4 because it is really too early to tell.

Are these things to watch out for? How serious should I consider these comments. We are struggling to find a place for her and this was the first school I found that even seemed like an option and a match in a number of ways.

Thanks for any advice and also any other phrases I should avoid as I make my way around...!

Last edited by Branwen; 07/21/09 07:19 PM.