Kriston, I think you hit the nail on the head with the "there's a difference between getting along and feeling at home." I am a pretty good chameleon too. I can talk hair and baby poop for awhile before I have to run screaming into the night! Now the book club thing, cym, that is a different story. If we are there to discuss books, let's discuss books!!! :-) Seriously, from the outside I look as if I have tons of friends that I am quite close to, and in some ways I am, but I don't currently have a friend that I am completely "at home" with. I miss that very much actually.

cym I am very impressed with you. You sound like you are a person who really uses their abilities to their advantage. You must be somewhat extroverted. My introverted (though trying hard to be more extroverted) self is exhausted by just reading all the things have have accomplished!!! I need to take a page from your book and try to make a difference.

I'm glad to know that other people feel the same way as I do. It's nice to have this outlet to discuss these types of things. :-)