Oh, I so identify, cym! I have always been a pretty good chameleon, but there's a difference between getting along and feeling at home.

The worst case of not fitting in for me was when I was in grad school and attending a class reunion with my then-boyfriend (who was in the same program). It was a VERY small Missouri town with a big gender divide, and so he went off with the guys and left me with the women. They shared baby poop stories for 60 straight minutes. Seriously, it was amazing how many stories they had about baby poop! They weren't even funny or cute stories, and they didn't talk about their kids as people at all. They just talked about poop. Bleah! crazy

At last I could stand it no longer. I chased down my date and let him have what-for for abandoning me to THAT! His response? "But you can talk to anyone about anything." My annoyed response, "Well, I think we found my limit!" LOL!

To this day, I will not discuss baby poop with anyone for any amount of time. So perhaps it was a good lesson to learn. Ha!

But, boy, did I ever not fit in!

Kriston