Hi everyone,

First a quick update: DS6's individual tuition (for English, Maths, Science and an additional language)seems to be working well for him at the moment and he is enjoying still being with his peers for games, recess etc. So far I am pleased that we didn't accelerate him into a different year group, although we will not rule it out for the future!

I was wondering if anyone else has problems getting their children to sleep at night? We put DS6 and DS4 to bed by 8pm. DS4 is usually asleep within minutes, but DS6 will lie awake (light off and nothing to do) until as late as 10:30! Then I start feeling mean because it must be very boring... What do you all do? We have a bedtime routine which finishes with a story and then a "sleepy music cd" - it just doesn't seem to work. Should I let him read himself until later or would this encourage it? I would love some ideas please :)Is 8 hours sleep enough for an (almost) seven year old?

I do often lurk around but hardly post as I don't feel that I have any pearls of wisdom to add! That is why I only ever seem to appear with questions, sorry!

XX Tiz