I have thought about the home schooling, but I think my boy likes the social aspect of school - especially if the bullying is kept under control.

one thing bk1 mentioned was his fine motor skills. The teacher - amazed at his model work - commented on the fine motor skills needed to achieve the level of detail he has.

picked up a Calvin & Hobbes and will it iout with him later today.

I picked up a Greek Myths tape (Greek Civilistaion is on this year's syllabus), which he set going and listened to all day while making models out of modelling clay - which he then tried to breathe life into a la Prometheus!! He will have all the myths 'off pat' by now - ready to amaze his classmates and teacher in Spring.

I also picked up a tape by Bertrand Russell called 'The ABC of Relativity' for myself. He comes up with the odd physics question - like, if one was travelling at the speed of light would you see your shadow?!!! - so I need to get more up to speed. I just hope he doesn't get onto Quantum Physics.

I need to investigate the Intelligence Tes situation - these things cost a lot of spondoolicks over here, and I believe finding a practitioner can be a bit hit-and-miss.

have a great weekend all

P