Originally Posted by mom123
At the beginning of the year, she was upset because she said that the teachers thought she was a �baby�. When I asked her why she said it was because they are teachers were teaching her letters and colors etc.. and she said that she was not a baby, she knows that stuff. So it was a bit difficult to explain to her that when her teachers try to teach her things she already knows, it is not because they think she is a baby (the biggest insult ever to a three year old). I think she has gotten past that now. She has not said anything about them giving her �baby� books..

I would find this situation alarming. I would find out 'how many minutes a day' they are reading with her one to one. I know that my son was 'shamed' by being taught things that were very far below his readiness level at this age. I think it shook his trust in adults. He's 12 now, and it's been a hard journey.

Perhaps you need to have her there so you can work or relax. Perhaps this is the only place you can afford financially or emotionally. But if you have a choice - request alternatives. If you have no choice, I would walk in to the highest level person you can get access to and burst into tears. It is so unfair! You might get some action, or at least the agreement for them to leave her to read at home. They act like they know best - but they don't.

I wish I could say that this is the last misunderstanding you will ever have with a school situation. In fact, it is quite common for teachers or admins to say things that sound really promising, only to find out that their reality is quite different (and distant) from your reality. It isn't anyone's fault - that's just the way it is!

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com