Thanks for all of the advice. I agree with mommy2myem � so important to keep the teachers as your allies� which I am always so hesitant to say anything at all. Yes, I think that I should not say anything about her being bored or under challenged � I think I need to find different words. I try to put myself in the teacher�s shoes. I do sincerely appreciate that they are at least trying. I mean, I understand that there are 15 other kids in the class � some of whom are struggling with learning their letters � and they need some extra help too. It�s just that they spend so much time doing things that are so far below her level, that I feel like this is the one thing where they could actually meet her where she is. I hear the point about the reassurance reading� I suppose that is good. Not everything she reads needs to be a challenge� but, at least academically speaking, she gets reassurance everything else all day long. I should not get my tail in a knot over it� I know she is only three. It was just such a tease to say that they were going to read with her� and such a disappointment to see what they have decided to read.
I think that otherwise she is happy there � she is kind of a go with the flow kind of kid � for now. At the beginning of the year, she was upset because she said that the teachers thought she was a �baby�. When I asked her why she said it was because they are teachers were teaching her letters and colors etc.. and she said that she was not a baby, she knows that stuff. So it was a bit difficult to explain to her that when her teachers try to teach her things she already knows, it is not because they think she is a baby (the biggest insult ever to a three year old). I think she has gotten past that now. She has not said anything about them giving her �baby� books.. and I certainly don�t want to put that idea in her head.
I think they do have this whole �check off list� thing though. She can only move on to the next level when she is all checked off as having completed every single book in the level before � and at the rate they are moving � there is absolutely no hope of her getting to an appropriate level this year. I suppose she does not have to do any reading at school - she really does quite enough of that at home - but given that it is her favorite thing in the world to do - it would be nice. I just don't want her to have to sit through lessons about what the letter "d" is.