Trinity,

You are all so supportive. This is just wonderful. What great ideas.

The K teacher is actually pursuing the request to have DD in either a 1st or multiage 1st/2nd for reading. I would really like to hear thoughts on both. I originally was thinking that a multiage setting might be good b/c maybe they would have more of an opportunity to accelerate. Of course to make matters more interesting, I just met with a former elementary teacher of mine who still teaches here. In addition, she had a HG daughter go through the system a number of years ago. At the meeting, she said she would not recommend multiage. Her impression is that they teach down not up. Parents in the area feels differently. Does anyone have any thoughts here? She was also not very enthusiastic about the multiage teacher but suggested a self contained classroom. Any thoughts?

Also, the K teacher has invited me to observe tomorrow morning. My teacher/friend said to use the opportunity to see where some advancement/enrichment could easily fit in and feel free to suggest it. She said DD's K teacher seems to be someone who has opportunities for extensions in writings, etc. She said let a few more weeks go by, begin the reading acceleration, and allow the teacher a chance to get to know DD. Her abilities will become apparent to the teacher and we can continue to develop a plan if necessary.

In terms of her own daughter she said she and her husband always felt that school would not be her primary place to learn. Interesting thought from a teacher. :-)