I can't begin to thank you all for the insight. I felt very hopeless yesterday. I especially think the approach of concern will help overcome the perception of pushy parent, hopefully.

There are, however, a few points that I have yet to mention and that I think will work in my favor as we proceed, but I was so hoping that things would just work themselves out. I did mention earlier that I was in denial, right?

I am a former student of this school system (many moons ago) and was accelerated numerous times in subject matters. As luck would go two of these elementary teachers are still in the school system. I will be connecting with them this week to gather insight and am hoping that they can give legitimacy to some of my concerns.

In addition, I was a teacher for a number of years in a neighboring district. Since yesterday I have contacted a number of friends, particularly GT advocates, to help with assessment and evaluation support as well as approach suggestions. My husband laughed last night and said I have really rallyed the troops!

I do know to be careful not to appear as undermining the teacher and/or principal, especially since we, at least for the moment, we picture our three children attending this school system. In fact when picking up my daughter from school yesterday I made a point to connect with the teacher and let her know how we appreciated her time so early in the year , etc., etc. Kill 'em w/ kindness. Despite how she feels she did give in to our request and approach the 1st/2nd multiage about our daughter for reading. She said it is not finalized, but felt she could make it happen by Oct. 22 (once the K has gotten more of the routine down).

I still have many concerns about the lack of understanding of GT kids and am worried that she is looking to prove us wrong (based on a few side remarks in yesterday's conference), but am at least pleased that she is moving forward w/ our initial plan.

(Final ace up the sleeve that I hope not to have to use, but will if necessary - Superintendent and I received M.Ed. together in Ed. Administration and I have known him for 20+ years).