Well we finished our preschool tours (we went to three). We went to one montessori school and two play-based preschools.

Of course dd liked the play-based preschools-they were full of toys and art supplies. One of the play-based preschools was a bit more structured than the other, but still a lot of free play and creative play. The other play-based preschool had pretty much no structure. The kids chose what to do and when to do it. They could go outside at any time, paint/art at any time, snack at any time etc etc. The outside facilities were amazing. I have never seem a preschool with such a huge natural area to play outside. Dd did not want to leave there. The inside was like a giant kindergym, full of bright colours and pretend play. She loves "cooking" in the kitchen and "feeding" the dolls (both preschools has beautiful interiors). My concern with that preschool is how she would do with no structure. I worry she would feel lost...but maybe that is just how I would feel! Similarly, the more structured play-based preschool has all 40 kids (2 rooms of 20) go outside at the end of the day together. I can't see her enjoying playing on the playground with 39 other kids...it would be too busy for her.

The Montessori school was VERY interesting. I liked some of the rooms and some of the rooms were almost creepy (a couple of weird teachers and gloomy rooms). All of the preschool rooms were wonderful. They were brighy and colourful and the teachers were warm and kind. Dd absolutly loved it there and 2 days later is still talking about it, wanting to go back. She was so interested in all of the activities they had set up. She was not clingy, she talked to the teachers, she tried everything she could. Now this was during an open house so the room was not full of kids, but in terms of the environment she loved it.

Sooooo she liked all of the environments, but the play-based preschools were so similar to everything we already do. The montessori was quite different and I think that interested her. They have to wear uniforms at the Montessori school...not sure how well that will go over with a 2/3 year old. They have absolutely NO toys there. No dolls, no lego, no play kitchen etc. The outside area for the preschoolers is just a courtyard with a sandbox and a couple of bikes. No climber, slide, playhouse etc.

Soo hmmmm. She likes them both, but I think she likes the Montessori better and she was very comfortable there...but I am not sure if I like it for her!

What would you do?? Someone just tell me what to pick! PLease!!!! I'm driving myself nuts. I have to put her name down somewhere either tomorrow or monday because schools are filling up. At least half of the preschools in the city are full already and for some of them people were putting their names down before they were even pregnant! So 7 months before the program starts is definitely pushing it.

P.S. I am sorry...I am sure you are all sick of this topic from me! It is just consuming me right now, so I keep posting about it. Sorry!