It's funny to me how the concerns change when one is looking back on things.

Here's what I want to know!

a) If you don't like whatever program you choose - how long to you have to keep paying for it?

b) If you have to join a program mid year - will any be availible?

c) How long a day is it?

d) How many days a week?

e) are any of the programs such that she will be able to interact with older children?

f) Does the Montessori Program seem to feature activities that would be at a good readiness level for your DD? Is your DD wildly asynchronous in the areas that the Montessori is teaching?

g) You say that the playbased preschool is 'just like what she's already done' - do you mean that she has interacted with others and done stuff like that without you or that you have dones stuff like that 'you and her?' If she's only done it with you before, perhaps it's a good 'babystep' for her to do what she knows without you? I don't know that answer, but I do know that it makes a big difference. Watching her with the Teachers will show a lot.

Personally when 'professionals' start talking about 'for the charts' I see flashing red lights and want to run in the other direction, because I am dealing with someone who is 'administering a system' instead of allowing themselves to connect with a living human. Was it the 'head teacher' who said that? It takes careful observation and imagination to 'know' a child, not following a manual. OTOH, if your daughter is perhaps on the young side, and is natually ready to fit their system, perhaps it would work well in spite of the ridgidity.

My kid was very very ansychronous, so that's why the flashing red lights.

It sounds like you are looking to start in September...is there any way she can sign up for a few sessions of each in advance? Can she start in September in two places and transition if needed?

One more thought. My son enjoyed every school environment he was ever in - for the first 6 weeks. When he likes something, he LOVES it, when he dislikes something, he CANT BEAR it. He's not a Drama Queen, and is quite stoic in his approach, but his feeling tend to be very strong. So watch her reactions, but if you have to committ for any length of time, throw in a heavy does of 'Mom Sense.'

Best Wishes,
grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com