BlueMorpho and Kriston- Thank you!
Thank you for sharing your experiences...I know every school is different and every child is different, but itis SO helpful to read about what you and your kids went through.

I guess one thing I am struggling with is the feeling that I would be holding her back is I send her to a play based school. She is a smart girl and she loves to learn. I don't always have the energy to teach her everything she could happily absorb. In fact I rarely teach her! Grinity made a good point about letting the preschool be about playing/socializing and doing the teaching at home (something to that effect) and that is a wonderful idea, I just hope I do as good of a job as the Montessori school could potentially do. I know she has potential and I don't want to make a decision that could result in her not living up to her potential...at the same time I want her to be a child and play, dream and imagine and not worry about learning. Hmmm I don't knwo what i am trying to say...but thank you for the posts! smile