Thank you all so much for the advice. I/we (but mostly I) spent the last week visiting a few more preschools and thinking hard about what to do. I can't enrol her in both preschools for a few reasons. The montessori preschool and the other preschool overlap in terms of days/times. The other reason is cost. We could do a 4 or a 5 day (half days) program at either school, but to split it up between schools becomes very expensive. But anyhow...I have made a decision. Dd is going to go to a playbased preschool in the Fall...well if she wants to, but we are going to give it a shot. I really do like the preschool we have chosen. They do so many fun things...theme days, parties, christmas concert, field trips etc. My only concern is that at the end of the day both preschool rooms (there are 2 programs running concurrently) go outside, or into the gym to play. That is 40 kids. I think that might be a bit overwhelming for dd. My overprotective, paranoid side also thinks that supervision might be tricky during this time and so that is a worry as well. But, I went to this preschool as did my younger brother and many classmates...we're all still alive, so I suppose it will be ok!

I am still going to check out a couple more preschools, but they will all be playbased and I am really happy with that. She has a lot ot learn, besides academics and this will be a fun environment to do so...I hope! And, worst case senario...it doesn't work. No big deal, she can stay hoem iwth me and we can do some more mom and tot programs.

So thank you thank you thank you. I am really happy with this!

smile