This is hard - ds8 is a clever, very creative dickens...sometimes I think the common sense or 'practical intelligence' is somewhat lacking though. But he is only 8 so I gotta give him a break on that!!

I am probably approaching HG, DH is probably bordering on PG, but again he is lacking a bit in the practical realm...at least from my perspective. I think of myself as very very creative, but DH really outshines me there too, at least verbally/language wise. DS seems to have inherited this ability to just make stuff up, stories and plans of action in great colorful detail...

I would probably put ds8 close to where I fall and dd2.5 might be smarter than all of us - but that might be due to being more attuned to toddler gifted behaviors now.
About 72% of what she says and does just seems amazing to me. Also, we are looking at some testing for ld for ds so that might completely change things up.

I read that kids average about 10 iq points above their parents, but I don't know if that holds true if the parent's iq is already above avg. ...