Originally Posted by Mia
If you continue to homeschool, you'll likely blow through a lot of curricula pretty quickly.

Maybe, though I would add that one of the reasons our family went the homeschooling route with DS7 is because we can "go wide" (doing things like engineering that aren't studied in elementary) and "go deep" (with more hands-on and experiential learning opportunities), not just/primarily fast.

I feel compelled to make this point (tangential though it is...) because our biggest reason for choosing HSing over other educational options was because homeschooling was the best way we could find to slow down a bit. Grade and subject acceleration--assuming we could get them in our HIGHLY uncooperative school system--would make him go faster, but not necessarily deeper or wider, and faster isn't what would work best for our particular child. If we HSed, we thought that maybe in later years when schools have more to offer an HG+ child, he can return to public or private school.

So much depends on the particular kid. For some kids, fast is inevitable and works amazingly well. For others, wide and deep work better. Homeschooling is the best way I could find to go wide and deep, and that's what's best for our child.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled numbers talk. Sorry to interrupt! smile

Kriston