Welcome Niki,

Those are wonderful scores unfortunately from what I have seen on this board they won't get you into Davidson.

We didn't get any age equivalents with the scores. First I was jealous when I read the other posts but looking at the >7:2 and 7:2 it would only confuse me.

The way I see >7:2 is the fact that they don't have samples going beyond 7:3. All they can tell you is that your child did better than 7:2 but that's about it. They cannot compare it to a higher age simply because they don't have data for let's say 8:0. I could see where 16 would mean the child did better than 7:2 but where you could still earn higher score. For example I know for sure that you can do better than 17 on both Matrix Reasoning and Picture Concepts, since my son had higher scores at the age 5:3.

Questions for Debbie. So what's the age when you can no longer hit 19 on WPPSI-III? We may have DS4 tested next year and I would hate to run into low ceilings problems. It's unlikely but I would like to avoid it anyway.

If I remember it correctly the low ceilings is one of the reasons why not to use WPSSI and wait till the child is 6. I would think the norms for 5 yr old on WPPSI are as good as SB-V (correct me if I am wrong) but the possible low ceilings (for child close to 6) and higher requirements make it difficult to make Davidson cutoff.

LMom