Ha. It's the least I can do, Dottie -- after all the info you've shared with me and other parents.

Originally Posted by Dottie
When you think about it, all of those "preschool" tests are crazy for HG+ kids.

Agreed. As you say, to know then ... alas.

Niki, some more for you -- As I said, I went into a two-month hiatus on all my boards and just *read,* any and all the information I could find online about the HG+. You'll come out of the shell shock. I think the best piece of advice anyone gave me was that the number was just that -- a number, and my ds was still the same child after he was tested that he was before. It was just a new bit of info that can make you see the child in a different light.

As Kriston said, keep doing what you're doing. Following his interest, doing research, whatever catches his attention -- basically, keep feeding that little brain!

Schooling is hard. If you continue to homeschool, you'll likely blow through a lot of curricula pretty quickly. If you decide to go with public school, it's a mixed bag. Some find a lot of success at their public schools, with teachers and administrators who are willing to differentiate. Others go through a lot of advocacy efforts to try to secure appropriate placement for their kids, some with success, others not so much. Some hit dead-ends with schools who don't understand and aren't willing to try. It really, really depends. You might want to start investigating the gifted program at your school to see what they do with HG+ kids, what level of differentiation is offered, etc. Some gifted programs are great, others not so much.

Best of luck! Keep us posted!

Mia