Hi there!

My ds6's scores were very, very similar when he took the WPPSI last year. I had about 2 months of quiet panic. wink

Your ds *did* hit ceilings on those 19s. Though he didn't ceiling the whole test, he did ceiling portions of it -- and his end score could have been higher with higher ceilings.

From my experience, no, these scores *won't* get your ds into DYS; we applied with very similar WPPSI scores (his FS was 148), and his WIAT achievement scores that *were* considerably over the line in two areas. I was hoping the ceilings would be taken into consideration -- he could have tested higher on a test with a higher ceiling. But he was turned down; they asked for more test results and/or work samples. We haven't had any more testing done at this point.

So yes, you'd probably need to retest if you're interested in Davidson's. At your ds's age, you could have him take the Stanford-Binet 5. Or you could wait until he turns 6 and have him take the WISC -- though the professionals I've spoken to suggest waiting until 6.5 or 7 to take the WISC.

If I were you, I'd go ahead and send in the scores anyway. You never know. Did you have achievement testing done at the same time? If not, you'd need to have that done as well.

I know how frustrating it is to have those *almost there* scores! OTOH, you've already learned quite a bit about your ds, and if you're able to provide work that will challenge him at home, DYS isn't the end-all, be-all of the world. There are a lot of kids who *almost* make the cut, and I certainly don't envy the selection committee their jobs!

And, this board is a fabulous source of support and advice; stick around. You'll learn a lot. smile Welcome!

Mia