CFK - and you can add me to the other list where you have someone with a high IQ (143) and is an underachiever. laugh

I've always suspected that I possess some underlying LD and this underlying but not quite defined or diagnosed issue (attention, auditory processing...) seems to run in my family (my mom, my brother). Because of this, it's important to me that my own dd get the assistance she needs. Not to fulfill what went unfulfilled in myself, but because if there is an issue, which testing shows and which I have suspected since she was a toddler, I want it addressed so my dd won't have to struggle so hard and her self-esteem won't suffer. It already seems to be taking a beating - she cried the other night when doing her homework because she felt she was so slow, "the biggest slow-poke in the world" and she went on to say that I "should abandon (her) for another child who wasn't so slow." frown

Neato - I can't say homeschooling is an option for us. We can't even get her to do her homework or let us help her so we can't see her doing schoolwork with us either, lol.

Last edited by Mombot; 09/14/08 10:04 AM.