Thank you again for the supportive posts. I really appreciate the insight that all of you have shared.

re: neuropsych eval - the evaluator recommended more testing by the school - achievement and cognitive - to further define those areas of weakness (the fluency, processing speed). To have a neuropsych eval, is a doctor's referral needed? I imagine with my dd's history (she was a preemie born at 28.5 weeks gestation) that it's not a request that would be completely out of the realm of possibility. But what can the neuropsych eval do that the school wouldn't be able to give, given thorough testing? When we meet with the SpEd team sometime in the next couple of weeks, would I share with them the possibility that my dd might be seen by a neuropsych?

My husband was at a playground build at the school this weekend and the principal talked to him about the letter of referral I sent to her on Friday and she just shook her head and said that she didn't know why homework was such a problem for our dd. From this brief exchange, it seems to me that even with the SpEd referral we initiated last year, she doesn't understand why we are still pursuing something...anything...for our dd.