Mombot if you are close to the Chicagoland area and go the nueropsych route feel free to pm for names. We have three excellent children's hospitals here.

My youngest does have the IQ numbers that would qualify her for gifted programs. She doesn't present at school the way they expect, though. So even with an IQ test that is way higher than their minimum score, the teacher attempted to bar her from gifted programming last year. It's a long story but because of the law as is, they can use whatever parameters they define worthy to identify for gifted programming, so realistically, they can deny her access in the future.

Things are going *okay* right now, but we know there is a great chance we will homeschool her at some point. She was recently diagnosed with a learning disability, even though it doesn't appear she has one based on IQ scores.

I can't remember if you thought homeschooling was an option or not, my brain is foggy, lack of sleep, lately.

I guess I'm saying, please don't have a mini-crisis. smile
There are some options available. It took me a long time to accept homeschooling as an option, I didn't think I was capable of doing it....but now I see it as a real option and I'm only slighly nervous about it. grin

I'm a firm believer that if you can keep a semi-clear mind, don't give up, keep searching for a good solution, you will find one.

Neato