thank you, thank you for those words. I appreciate this board so much and I've only been here a few weeks. It really helps me to put things in perspective.

Kriston - here are her scores (she's 8y6m)

WISC-IV Subtests and Composites

Similarities 15 Vocabulary 15 Comprehension 11 (Information) (14) Verbal Reasoning 121
Block Design* 11* Picture Concepts 13 Matrix Reasoning 18 (Picture Completion) (13) Perceptual Reasoning 125*
Digit Span 11 Letter-Number Sequence 13 (Arithmetic) (15) Working Memory 116
Coding 7 Symbol Search 9 (Cancellation) (9) Processing Speed 88
Full Scale IQ 118 GAI 127

The * points to the Block Design subtest where she reached her ceiling corresponding to a score of 11, but because all of her responses to that point were correct, but not within the allowed time, the evaluator continued to give her the other items and she proceeded to get all of them correct, the rest within the allowed time. Her evaluator explained that it was clear her perceptual skill was quite strong, but slow speed interfered.

Also NWEA MAP scores (which I think I had posted already, but it might help to have it all in the same place):

Math 89th %'ile
Language Usage 99th %'ile
Reading 99th %'ile
Lexile Range 1000-1150

I know her scores are not DYS-worthy, and probably not even on a good day would they be. Testing took 3 hours vs. the average of 2 because of her slow working speed. btw, the evaluator was very experienced with gifted kids so I think she would know but even in her emails and report, it's not ever clear if she feels my dd is or not.

Last edited by Mombot; 09/13/08 01:56 PM.