Sounds pretty familiar to me. I look forward to the day when I don't nervously ask how she ate at breakfast or lunch. She never went through the "let me put things in my mouth to explore" phase. She did just enter into the "let me eat Play-doh and put tiny toy cupcake up to my mouth because I have an active imagination" phase.

We use Sesame Street to give everyone a break from the whirlwind of toddler activity. She definitely gains language from it (she said "six sides, six angles" the other night).

Do you do any activities with other parents/toddlers? (It's great way to snoop on development). We are lucky to have an amazing public library and if there isn't a formal kids program going on we can go just play and there's a wide variety (ages and cultures) of kids there to interact with.

Sounds like you've got it covered. I sympathize with you in having a lot anxiety about milestones. I don't think there's anything you can do to speed them up, any more than you can make the teeth come in faster. So put on some toddler music and boogie down.