Originally Posted by nicoledad
Everyone has covered the "homeschooling" angle but what have been done for his HSC? The home schooling and online schooling just for me seems to put off your child's problem. I am not trying to be insensitive if it comes out that way.

Do you mean it puts off his ability to deal with escalating bullying and a death threat? How many adults would appreciate being forced to endure an environment like that? They wouldn't. They would get a divorce, find a new job, move out of an apartment building, etc. Sure, some would get a restraining order, but if the perp continued to violate it, and the police said they can't do anything about it until he commits bodily harm, what would the rational response be? To leave the situation.

It's ironic that the school's walls are plastered with colorful anti-bullying posters and yet it continues with teachers looking the other way. The Sheriff also told us that he couldn't do any more than talk to the kids and write a report. A crime hadn't been committed. Yet.

So, while you may not mean to be insensitive, your thought that I should continue to place my child in that environment day after day and tell him he needs to "deal with it" would be taken as very insensitive to his need for understanding and above all, his need for us to be his safety advocate.

Is it any wonder kids feel the need to bring weapons to school for protection when the adults in their lives refuse to protect them?