I think we are about done with the public school forum.

Our son received a death threat last week from a child at his school. This was delivered via a "thug" that our son has had interaction with last year.

We called in the local authorities to talk to the principal and the kids involved, but the principal is not very responsive to us thus far. In the past, we told him our child has past "issues" with the children involved and suggested ideas to separate the kids. He did nothing.

Now this.

I must say our child is likely a HSC (Highly Sensitive Child) as defined by Elaine Aron. He has had incidents of crying in class that have made him a target of teasing..."You're a cry-baby, like a third grader."

So we are looking into an online school. So far, it's much better than I expected. A lot more opportunity for our kid to interact with others who may be more "civilized" and interested in activities he enjoys.

My dilemma is I am an introvert by nature. I REALLY NEED my alone time and I just foresee day after day of some kind of interaction with others (my own kid included) that I really don't think I can handle.

Is there any homeschoolers out here that can give me some support? I just know this is the direction we are going. I will be home alone with our child and my husband will be working.

Seriously, I feel panicky. Please help.