I was tested and identified as HG+ as a kid and my parents are clearly gifted. DH has pretty severe dyslexia that was never remediated or accommodated because his mother didn't want him labeled, yet he somehow got himself through grad school. He is a very bright guy whose academic self esteem got wrecked by that experience.
When DS5 was about 2 I started reading this board because it was the only site I found where parents' voices really seemed to reflect my experience with DS. Interestingly, I found myself gravitating to the 2e posts before DS was diagnosed with dyspraxia/DCD. He has not been IQ tested yet, but seems obviously gifted. We will probably do that at 6 to figure out his "e's" out a bit better. Raising DS has made me reflect on the experiences of all of our family members, and what it means to go through school and society when you're not neurotypical.
I am on the board to reap the psychosocial benefits of a community who understands how amazing/complicated/intense/exhausting these highly asynchronous kids can be, and to educate myself about educational options and advocacy.

Last edited by Ocelot; 02/22/17 07:22 PM.