This is an interesting thread madeinuk, thanks:).

I was a voracious reader as a child and seemed a bit mature for my age but don't necessarily consider myself to be particularly gifted. I have IQ scores from DH from the 6th grade where he topped out an IQ test, so can't really deny his giftedness;). I am also a school psychologist so there is a professional interest in assessment and how we define intelligence in a general sense.

DD is a DYS. I suspected something was a little off when my two year old could explain the extinction of dinosaurs using appropriate terminology, but frankly tried to ignore it. After three school years and three teachers that really wanted us to have an evaluation done to assess her level of giftedness we did. When I received the results I was floored. I did evaluations as a big part of my career and had never seen test scores like my daughters. I was very overwhelmed (still am at times) and needed to connect with parents who were ahead of me in this process. Hopefully, at this point I can contribute a little something to the parents with younger children who are navigating this as well.

I don't know that any of us planned this exactly, but there are not many placed to discuss your elementary age child's existential crisis, so I am grateful for this group;)!