indigo - I don't want to worry you lol. My spouse is a teacher and I have had to advocate for DD in the past due to medical issues. My concerns aren't with my interaction with the school so much as they have been with what my expectations should be in the schools willingness/ability to provide for her different instruction.
The phone call went very well. I asked a bunch of questions and they were very helpful and informative. What a great place to start! Most of the accommodations she mentioned were about offering more advanced materials during "centers" for math and reading. She did mention the ability for these subjects to span grade levels, which was reassuring, but if I am looking for a whole grade acceleration I may have some resistance. She also agreed to more testing for her PLEP - which in previous emails she was against so that's great news! Especially if it supports my case for acceleration. I would be willing to let her stay within grade for instruction up to about 1 year above, but after that I think she would need something more. As is I know this is true for reading and I am unsure about math. She also mentioned that she did hit the ceiling on the Information segment of her WPPSI as well as indicating that she believed a lot of her strengths would be in subtests that they did not administer, so if we wanted to pursue more testing for DYS in the future she would be open to that. I'm thinking that should wait until she is old enough for the WISC so that we don't run into ceiling problems again