I am so lost. My daughter who is currently 5 years and 8 months took the WPPSI-IV and KTEA-3 in December (so, at age 51/2). We knew she would score within the gifted range and we have her GIEP meeting coming up, but I have so many questions on what the scores mean and what accommodations we should be advocating for.
First the WPPSI-IV: What does it mean to hit a ceiling? What are the ceilings on the WPPSI-IV? Does it really matter if we get her "true IQ" so long as the accommodations are appropriate? I only ask because she scored a 17 in three of the categories and depending on where you get your information it may or may not be a ceiling.
KTEA-3: I guess this is the achievement test they will be using for the PLEP section, how do you determine what she needs based on these scores? I just get the impression that they are going to offer her the schools pull out program and some "token differentiation" in the classroom and I don't think that will be enough. She is reading well above grade level and truthfully i don't think she's learned a single thing since school started.

Last edited by TuffToodle; 02/13/17 12:45 PM.