My large District immediately says no when asking for an independent external evaluation (IEE). The district usually provides a barebones psychoeducational that provides a full-scale IQ. DS15 had a 2012 neuropsychological evaluation showing IQ subtests that scatter between low average and high average. Verbal and Language-Mediated Tasks and Abilities that scattered between low average and very superior. The rest of the evaluation was consistently scattered.

I met with a well known school psychologist (Phd) in private practice and want to use her for an IEE at District expense. I am using the argument for a private evaluation, because DS15 needs a seasoned evaluator and more subtests in processing speed and other areas. I also sent the District a letter more than 30 days ago requesting an IEE, which was ignored. I have argued that the District "may not unreasonably delay" an IEE rule. Has anyone's DC been approved for a District payed IEE because of the "unreasonable delay" rule?

I could really use some help on how to articulate this argument. I filed a state complaint and the District is now listening, but is saying they need to check with their District attorneys for the "unreasonable delay". Any help, is so much appreciated!

I feel like I am almost there with at least one DS.