Originally Posted by Pemberley
A few months ago I contacted the Eides and Brock Eide wrote back recommending Dr MacEachron. I asked here and received several PM's from people who have worked with her and were very happy. My district is currently in the process of approving her for my DD's next evaluations. The only problem I see is that she is a certified School Psychologist not a neuropsychologist. With my DD's complex situation I'm not sure if that will be enough.

As a SP myself, I just have to mention that a doctoral-level SP (which Dr. MacEachron is) has nearly the same training in assessment as a NP, and more training in school-based interventions (instructional practices, behavior/classroom management, and systems work)--it's more a question of philosophy and context.

Dealing with complex cases is less a function of the difference between a SP and NP's training, and more a function of clinical experience, as what you are really looking for is someone who has seen enough, is intelligent enough, and is a nuanced enough clinician, to interpret testing results through the lens of the whole child, and not the reverse. Especially for 2e, where the most important data often doesn't come from the composite norms.

(I don't know her myself.)

...pronounced like the long vowel and first letter of the alphabet...