Is the getting the tools to face the world at a public school? The public school is not the world. It is a set of kids, her exact same age, her exact same demographic, placed in a room together for several hours. At higher grade levels, every so often, a bell rings or a buzzer buzzes and she gets to stand from her desk and quickly walk to a different room and then sit at a different desk for near an hour. Then she gets to dash through her lunch period in about 30 minutes while battling a room full of people hoping to get through the lunch line first and gulp down their food fast enough to get back to the rooms. The rooms where they sit at a desk for 45 minutes to an hour.

That is not teaching her how to face the world. That is teaching her what life would be like in prison.

The moment I decided to home school.....it has been ongoing. I started home schooling because my child was in special education and not learning how to read. She was also a bully. My other child was being bullied. Once home, I found out both kids were highly gifted. Stupidly, I only home schooled the bully child. The bully child went back to public school for high school. In high school, she was top of her class, model student, and NMS. She is in college on a full ride scholarship now, plus stipend. Her brother, the one who had been bullied, is not doing so well in college, even though his IQ is higher than hers. He was in the gifted program in public school. It was nonsense and he grew to have low self esteem and not know how to socialize. If only he had home schooled, he would have had the tools and confidence , and education, it takes to face the world as an adult.