So many good ideas. Thanks all.

Are there alternatives? I researched as much as I could before we placed her in this school. It seemed to be the best for both emotional and educational reasons. I liked the AG teacher (who had raised the possibility that we might switch elsewhere at some point due to the fact that the classes are a mix of high/medium/low performing students save the math class which is accelerated/compacted).

I work only part time so that would not be an issue. I'm just terrified of screwing up!! I would have to find online/homeschool classes, etc to make this work. I am lucky that this is a STEM area with lots of homeschool groups and support. What MegMeg said resonated with me:

"After we made the jump there was a lot of hyperventilating and "what have I done?!?" Not because I thought I'd made the wrong decision, but because it felt so much like being in free-fall after jumping off a cliff.

Now of course I'm trapped. laugh Homeschooling is so perfect for this kid, I could never send her back. Just like I would make extraordinary sacrifices for a kid with special medical needs, for example, I have to do whatever it takes (including trashing my career, I'm afraid), to give this kid what she needs, both emotionally and educationally."

Yep. Sounds like something I would say/feel/do. I worry a lot about how DD's ADHD is affecting her.

Mana - will definitely bring a list to the psych.

Can I repeat again that it scares me to death??

And thanks, Indigo!!! I have been on both those sites for other reasons - will have to do more research there for HSing if that is the choice! I brought up homeschooling on the forum long ago - it's been in the back of my mind for a long time.