Thank you all so much for taking the time to respond to me, and for the extremely useful advice! I think I will just tell my mom she doesn't need to be pushed to read right now smile

We just enrolled her in a Reggio Emilia based children's center at our local children's museum. It's very art and play based, and they will move her around to different classes based on her needs.

I work at an independent school that has a preschool program starting at age 3, so at that time she will come to school with me. They use the primary years program from the IB programme, and teach Spanish, learn to swim, and are happy to meet her needs wherever she is at. I work closely with the counselor for the preschool, and she has said that they have had kids like my daughter and outlined their plan for them.

One more question - my daughter LOVES apps and videos having to do with letters, but I worry about screen time. I know the AAP have lifted the zero to 2 screen time ban, and many say it can be good for kids - but what are your limits with your gifted kids? She could watch them for hours if I let her. What do you think is a good limit? She does indeed learn a TON while watching.

Thanks again, really appreciate your insights!