Now I have two of my dearest friends, with slightly older children who have been through this program, suggesting that I:

--Raise heck via attorney about the 504 problems and refused evaluation.
--Encourage DS to hang in there, because the program is considerably more enjoyable in eighth grade. And easier, because they aren't compacting two years into one in two core subjects.

One of these friends, whose younger child is same grade as DS, is also unimpressed by the teacher who hasn't graded anything (the same teacher who refuses to communicate real information with me via email). I guess teacher is finally grading some papers and friend's DS went from a D- to an A, yesterday. My DS' work remains unrecorded and I have no idea if he's turned in his work. He says that he has, but he is frequently...wrong.

DS refused school (via anxiety meltdown) yesterday, but he is caught up on his work (as far as I know) and plans to attend today.

We may be in a holding pattern. I haven't yet decided whether or not this decision (home vs. school) should be left to DS or I should make it for him. Any thoughts about that?

Assuming he isn't booted next week--he would be off academic probation next year, so the pressure would be somewhat less.