Originally Posted by eco21268
he can't remember when his presentation for the aforementioned class is scheduled (and it's not in planner), so I email, yesterday, and say "DS can't remember when his presentation is scheduled, will you let me know, please?" I received a response today: "He scheduled it for a day, he will need to check in class today." I think that teacher doesn't want me to ask these questions, would you agree? ... I try to support him but it's such a damned if you don't, damned if you do situation.
Even though I'm just reading this on the internet and not experiencing it directly in real life, the teacher's non-informative response, which seemed to reiterate normal classroom procedure rather than providing any support required by the 504 for your son to access his education, made my blood pressure rise and my adrenaline run.

In general, you may wish to refer to the 504 in each communication with the school. You may even wish to lead with it. For example, "I'm checking his planner, which does not seem to be up to date. As outlined on the 504, assignments are to be listed in the planner, yet I do not see the scheduled date for his presentation listed in the planner. Would you please ensure this presentation date gets written in his planner?"

Rather than posing your inquiries apologetically, as though you are asking for a personal favor, this wording keeps the onus on them, and holds them accountable to follow through and deliver on what they agreed to when crafting his 504.

You may also wish to keep the teacher's replies in mind when crafting any future IEP/504, in order to close any potential loopholes.