In this day and age, with the internet and vast population, someone is always going to be judgemental - whether it is how you parent, how you look, whether you are a SAHM or working mom, breastfed or not... as everyone else said, only you know your child best (no one can ever prepare for all possible scenarios and it is easy to judge afterwards or do the "we should have done this"). Basically the message that we all seem to be bombarded with is that everyone is doing the right thing except you. And yes, some days, I do have doubts over whether I am doing enough right stuff with both kids (polar opposites) that they won't be totally dysfunctional as they get older. Before kids, I wanted to be like those perfect moms - now, I just want to be sure I am doing enough right stuff to keep them on a track that will allow for positive lives.

I learned - don't spend too much time agonizing over what-might-haves other than try to figure out what to do in future (DH tends to like to stress over what-ifs and I tend to be more "it did not happen, move along now" so we do have periodic differences over that) - and to be able to let go of what others say or may say. If someone is a parent of the child that is relatively "easy going", it is easy to judge and point where someone "messed up" in their parenting - they won't ever have the experience or stress of what it is like to parent a child that defies the conventions.