Interesting. Thanks aeh. When I had him write the alphabet, he started off looking good but got really spacey and slow in the middle of it, and left out a string of 3 letters in the middle.

He did some sort of visual perception test after the brain injury, given by an OT. The OT could not get his eyes to track moving objects. I think it was the Test of Visual Perceptual ability or something like that. I think he was close to hitting the ceiling of the test for visual memory and visual spatial ability at the age of 6.

I wonder if it's worth it to get an actual dysgraphia diagnosis or it's not going to make a difference to the school anyway in terms of how they deal with him. The current school is hopeless (they tried to drop OT from his IEP, and seem to have no concept of what dysgraphia even is), but if I get detailed instructions for the school in a neuropysch report I'm wondering if it would help.

I have already rejected 2 proposed IEPs and nothing is signed. I'm not sure what is going to happen at this point.