Thanks aeh. The primary care doctor wants me to take him back to the university neuropsych and I don't know if they'd even want to re-test IQ but if they did I would probably ask about the point of doing the block design subtest again. They gave it to him before, knowing fine motor was impaired, so they would probably do it again unless I ask about it. Of course, they weren't trying to find out if he was gifted, they were trying to find out info about the TBI (I think? I didn't even know they were going to do an IQ test when I took him in).

Do schools normally test IQ as part of a re-evaluation? Obviously the old school was happy just giving everyone the CogAT but not sure what current school does. It is possible for "physically impaired" they don't need to assess cognitive ability anyway. For his last school eval they mentioned the University results but did not do their own cognitive testing, just the WJ-Ach (strangely, they did the whole test, or at least broad math, reading, and writing).