Looks like I was underestimating my 7 year old. We are very relaxed homeschoolers but I have been facing persistent perfectionism (she gives up before she tries) so we decided to seek out further evaluation in hopes of gaining more information on how to best serve her educationally.

I am awaiting the full written report for me to pour over and study (I do much better with reading than listening), but I talked with the administering psychologist and feel like I have a little more insight to my daughter's brain. I think. Mostly I have a page filled with numbers and bits and pieces of remembering what she told me about each point.

Full Sale IQ: 135, 99%

Verbal Comprehension Index (VCI): 142, >99%
Similarities: 19, >99%
Vocabulary: 16, 98%
Comprehension: 16, 98%

Perceptual Reasoning Index (PRI): 121, 92%
Block design: 10, 50%
Picture concepts: 14, 91%
Matrix reasoning: 16, 98%

Working Memory Index (WMI): 116, 86%
Arithmetic: 14, 91%
Digit span: 11, 63%
Letter-number seq.: 12, 75%

Processing Speed Index (PSI): 126, 96%
Coding: 17, 99%
Symbol search: 12, 75%

There was also a Kaufman Test of Educational Achievement II where her reading comprehension was 121 (3.3 grade level equivalent) and mathematical concepts was 128 (3.3 grade level).

So she doesn't qualify for the Davidson Young Scholars program with her highest score being VCI at 142 and 145+ being the minimum. Should we apply anyway and provide work samples and cross our fingers? Or is that a waste of effort? I can only think of providing a video of her reading, maybe some of her writing work...?

While I eagerly await the full written report, can anyone give me more insight on what these numbers really mean? Is there, like, a 'WISC-IV Results for Dummies' out there?