I have a it of a different take on this - rather than worrying about getting into DYS at the moment, I'd ask the psychologist a few questions that might help you understand your dd's learning profile a bit better. It appears she has some significant relative score discrepancies between VCI/PRI/WMI and PSI. It's possible that the reason you're seeing your dd "give up before she tries" isn't due to a motivation problem, but possibly a learning challenge that's related to the high-vs-average WISC scores. What looks like perfectionism might actually be a child who is having a tough time coming up with some part or piece of the answer to whatever they are being asked to do. It doesn't mean they aren't incredibly bright or that they don't know the answer, just that something's breaking down somewhere in getting the information together or getting it out or getting it recorded. I sincerely thought my 2e ds was a shy perfectionist before he was diagnosed with dysgraphia and expressive language challenges.

There are many different things that might be behind such a wide range in scores - I'd start by asking the psychologist if your ds was on task and attentive during testing or if he appeared to lose focus and/or was tired. If the psych feels the test is representative of your ds' profile of abilities, ask the psych what his/her opinion is re why the range of test scores, and ask if he/she did any additional testing to help determine why those challenges exist.

I would also talk to your son and try to get information from him, ask him if he's frustrated or purposely going slow or (whatever) when he's working at home. Ask what he's thinking about when he's writing. Ask if it feels the same when he's working at school if it does when he's home doing homework. Ask if he understands what he's supposed to be doing in the assignment. Basically ask enough to get him talking about his work, and see if there is anything that starts to make sense when looked at in combination with the WISC scores.

Best wishes,

polarbear