Mahagogo5, not only is he in cub scouts but I am his den leader and his dad is the pack leader… the kids in his den are all nice kids, but there's no real connection- most are quiet loner types, while he is the class clown type. He has been in it since 1st grade and has had a good experience.

Polarbear, yes, this is similar to what is happening to him. I asked him today about how he felt when all the kids grouped up and didn't include him and he said he did notice and it made him feel bad. Luckily he didn't notice what his friend did, he just thought his friend's group was already full (I saw what actually happened though).

This is his last year at this school, and I am trying to find him another school for middle school but really there is nothing I have seen that I would want to send him to except for a HG+ school that he has to test into (and I have no idea when they will test him and even if he will qualify). But even if he did get in I think those kids are probably all getting above grade scores and firing on all pistons etc… whereas my kid is shackled by his invisible disability chains…so maybe like putting a tank in a roomful of corvettes in a school where being a corvette is the default. Probably wouldn't work.