The boy who used to be his friend for the last two years has moved on to being friends with boys who don't particularly like DS. I don't exactly blame him, as he has been accepted and my child hasn't and he is quirky too.

Last week I drove for a field trip, and I watched as they asked kids to get together into groups of five. My son (who was standing next to the boy that I had driven in my car and that I have orchestrated playdates with trying to create more friendships for my son) suddenly became invisible. I watched as the kids all paired up, even as my DS was saying, hey can I join? I'd like to join… they turned their back on him like he wasn't there (not in a mean way, in a we don't even know you exist way).

He gave up on that group and started looking for his (unbeknownst to him, ex) bestie who wanted to be with his new friends, who don't like my son. I watched this kid do the most unbelievable dance to keep my son from joining his group. I finally had to ask the teacher to place my kid in one of the groups.

I can't wait for this year to be over. frown

Last edited by LAF; 02/07/16 09:24 AM. Reason: clarity