Hi Chay,

I'll let the more knowledgeable posters chime in regarding when to test for LD issues.

Are they going to elaborate at all regarding their statement that she isn't doing the work anyway. I believe we're in the same province and I know with recent job action there hasn't been as much communication between teachers and parents as there usually is.

Are you able to find out what work hasn't been completed before the meeting. I wouldn't be happy if I was ambushed with that information without having anytime to consider the issue before hand. Those interviews go by so quickly that it sometimes feels like you're being blown over with a wall of info and can't get the appropriate questions in. (We had our interviews yesterday!)

Also I'm angry on your behalf with their response about IEPs. She's entitled to an IEP. Perhaps working towards transferring her to your son's board might be a good idea.

Wanted to ask, does your school have an ISRC? Can the teacher bring up the issue with them? I don't understand how they came about this decision to differentiate with out having a meeting with the important players involved.

Last edited by eyreapparent; 11/13/15 07:25 AM.