I'm sorry, whats a DS?

i didn't think so, (about the twice exceptional part). the thing is he's been a bit behind in language since he was little but he was always developing and when i ask his doctor about it when he was really little (like 2) his doctor said he has a lot of vocabulary it's just that most of it doesn't contribute to a conversation. like he knew a million identifiers - its hard to have a conversation with only identifiers. his doctor at the time said kids don't get points for these words but not those words, as long as he's talking and continuing to develop that there wasn't anything to worry about. then all the crazy smart stuff came up - the reading and what not and we thought OH yea, no there isn't anything to worry about cuz look he's cocoo smart. PLUS he has two older cousins who both lagged in the same way (speech) and by like 2nd - 3rd grade everything evened out. one of them was even miss diagnosed as an autistic and by 3rd they said oh no whoopsie he's not autism he just needed a minute. Both of those cousins are super smart kids, probably somewhat gifted. this 2E thing is new to me, i only just heard of it for the first time about 6 months ago. honestly i feel like i'm a little lost with all this. i'm reading all these posts on here and it seems like everyone is so well educated in this and i'm wondering if there are things i was supposed to have been doing all this time that i didn't even know about. he's practically had to hand walk me thru all of this - everything he's learned he pushes for, i feel like i'm constantly holding him back because i think oh you can't do this you're too little and then he figures it out and is doing it on hi own.