I didn't even know there was more than one kind of test. all i know from the school was that the first day he went in, he was with a group. it was supposed to be a two hour thing and they brought him back out 5 minutes later because he refused to test with the group. we brought him back for a one on one with a grad student and that lasted longer, he was with her for about 45 minutes and then we got a letter in the mail that said basically test one, didn't test, test two didn't qualify. all i remember is that two of the three parts were to do with speech and language and those just aren't his areas especially with someone he's never met before. i knew from the start this style of testing (esp. the part with the group) was a nonstarter. i tried to tell the school that but they just said - this is what we do. after we got the results i thought, uh so he's not gifted? i was confused and thought that that was the final word on it until the math started. we just registered him for kindergarten and thought ok well if he's not gifted he'll probably just be one of those that evens out. Now were right back where we were last year of scratching our heads and not really understanding whats happening. i saw on some other post that the psychiatrist testing is like $500 =\ thats a lot of money for us. i want to do it if he needs it but i don't understand why the school thats for gifted kids would say he's not gifted if he actually might be. should i call them? it was last year but maybe they could at least explain whats going on with him if its not a giftedness.